Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Old Mill

Where do you set up tons of presses and type? I tried my garage, but it just did not feel like the right place. I looked for an available building in town, and even toyed with the idea of building something new. Nothing had what I was looking for, until I heard there may be a possibility that the Old Agway building was available.

Not a place I would have chosen, until I toured it. The building was so full of light, especially the second floor. It also had the right atmosphere with exposed beams of maple, hemlock, and oak. Each level was wide open and full of potential.

I never dreamed I would take on a project like that. Had someone asked me a year ago if I was going to be spending my days working on an old building, I would have thought they were crazy. But here I am. I have helped my husband put on the roof, jacked up the beams from the crawl space below, ripped all damage from the leaking roof, installed new plumbing, painted and painted... it is almost done.


2 comments:

  1. The result is amazing! If you haven't visited Angelica Ink, you have to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary - I grew up in Angelica, only remember you as a very little girl. Was home for Heritage Days and walked by with Bonnie Nelson but it was Sunday so didn't get to go inside. So glad to see little businesses like this popping up in Angelica. Hope to see inside next time I visit! Rhonda (Perry) Murphy

    ReplyDelete